Monday, July 21, 2014

Two Submissions

I have two email submissions to share today. I will post as much information as I am given! When you write to me, be as detailed as you want to be.

Our first submission is Sara J.

"My name is Sara. I am 35 and had my tubal ligation Dec 2012 after leaving an abusive relationship. since my surgery my periods have been MUCH heavier and much more painful, to the point of throwing up! Recently, I've had these strange, intense pains on my right side near my ovary  that radiates around to my back. They have been so painful that I have to lay on the floor and breathe! :-( I'm trying to save up for a reversal now but it's expensive. Glad to hear I am not alone."

As Sara mentions in her submission, reversal surgery is costly. Many women are feeling the pinch of this. There used to be multiple sites to help with saving up funds for this purpose, but most have shut down or require pastoral references which not everyone has the ability or will to obtain. One option is www.tubalreversalangels.com





Our second submission is from Aimee C.

"Name: Aimee Cowart

Age: 23

Year of tubal ligation procedure: had my tubes clamped in 2013

Your most prominent symptoms that were not present prior to tubal ligation: constant fatigue, extremely heavy periods lasting over a week, having a hard time losing any weight, very bad ovulation pains"




As women suffering from PTLS, hearing from other women suffering is a bittersweet situation. On one hand, it's nice to know you're not alone. On the other, its sad that so many of us are going through this.

Those of you reading and on Facebook, please search Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome or PTLS in the search bar. You will find multiple groups pop up, most require you to request to join, and there you can connect with tons of women who are either currently dealing with PTLS or have had their symptoms corrected through whatever procedure fit their situation and are still advocating.

Please, keep submitting!

If you want to get people talking and thinking of PTLS in person, consider getting one of our shirts:
http://www.cafepress.com/thetuballiegation

No comments:

Post a Comment